Graduates by year
In 2009 the first graduates left Open Gate. They were accepted to universities in the Czech Republic and the world. Each year, about a half of the students choose to study abroad. The countries of interest are Great Britain, the United States, Switzerland or Spain. Most students choose from a number of universities to which they have been accepted.
An overview of universities
to which Open Gate students have been accepted (a selection):
- Columbia University
- Dartmouth College
- Drew University
- Mills College
- Lynn University
- University of Chicago
- University of Virginia
- Yale University
- Aston University
- Bath Spa University
- Coventry University
- Durham University
- Imperial College London
- Lancaster University
- London Metropolitan University
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Newcastle University
- The University of Aberdeen
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Manchester
- The University of Nottingham
- University College London
- University of Abertay Dundee
- University of Birmingham
- University of Brighton
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Kent
- University of Oxford
- University of Reading
- University of St Andrews
- University of Sussex
- University of Warwick
- University of York
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management
- Universität Zürich
- University of Lucerne
- European University, Barcelona
- Bocconi School Milano
- Akcent College
- Anglo-American University
- CEVRO Institut
- Czech Technical University in Prague | Faculty of Architecture
- Czech Technical University in Prague / Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Czech Technical University in Prague / Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Czech Technical University in Prague / Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Czech Technical University in Prague | Faculty of Nuclear and Physical Engineering
- Czech Technical University in Prague | Masaryk Institute of Advanced Studies
- Charles´ University | 1st Medical Faculty
- Charles´ University | 2nd Medical Faculty
- Charles´ University | 3rd Medical Faculty
- Charles´ University | Faculty of Arts
- Charles´ University | Faculty of Humanities
- Charles´ University | Faculty of Maths and Physics
- Charles´ University | Pedagogical Faculty
- Charles´ University | Faculty of Law
- Charles´ University | Faculty of Social Sciences
- Charles´ University Medical Faculty of Hradec Králové | General Medicine
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague
- Masaryk University, Faculty of Law
- Prague College
- Technical University of Liberec
- Unicorn College, Prague
- University of New York in Prague
- University of Economics in Prague | Faculty of IT and statistics
- University of Economics in Prague | Faculty of Business-economy
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno | Veterinary Medicine
- Tel Aviv University
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- University of Groningen
Graduates by year
Branko Černý entered our school as a fifth-form student in Open Gate’s first year (2005). In the course of his studies at Open Gate, Branko dedicated himself to languages and received the internationally recognized Certificate of Proficiency in English and DELE certificate in Spanish.
During admissions processes at universities in the United States he scored highly on several standardised tests: SAT Reasoning Test (2210/2400), SAT Subject Tests (2360/2400) and TOEFL iCT (118/120). Branko was admitted to prestigious universities, including King’s College London, the University of Leicester and the University of Aberdeen in Great Britain, and decided to attend Dartmouth College in the United States, where he began classes in September 2009.
Darek Jakubowicz came to Open Gate in 2005. He is from Prague. During his studies he actively dedicated himself especially to languages and earned the internationally recognised Certificate in Advanced English. He represented the school in sports.
In 2009 he was accepted at several universities in Great Britain and he decided to attend the University of Manchester, where he focuses on business studies and economics. Darek would like to apply his education in the field of business.
Open Gate’s students travel abroad to further their education not only after graduation; some do so while still enrolled at our school. In 2007 one of our students was awarded a two-year stipend to attend United World College in New Mexico. In 2009 our student received a two-year stipend to attend UWC Southeast Asia in Singapore. Another of our students received a two-year stipend to attend Westminster School in the American state of Connecticut in 2008.
Kamila Hrušková entered our school as a fifth-form student in Open Gate’s first year (2005) and subsequently completed the four-year upper-level study programme. Kamila is from North Moravia, where she studied at Gymnázium Mikuláše Koperníka in Bílovec.
Kamila dedicated herself primarily to studying French and English, in which she earned the internationally recognised First Certificate in English, Certificate in Advanced English and Certificate of Proficiency in English. She also passed the British leaving examination in geography and earned, among other awards, the Silver Diploma from the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme and the Bronze Certificate in the UK Maths Challenge. In 2009 Kamila was conditionally admitted to a number of universities in Great Britain, though she decided to continue her education in the Czech Republic and entered Silesian University in Opava (major in Social Patology) at the end.
Martin Ciklamini began his studies at Open Gate in 2005, having come from a primary school with enhanced instruction in the natural sciences. He is a six-year resident of the Children’s Home in Boršov nad Vltavou.
During his studies, Martin dedicated himself to languages and earned the internationally recognised Certificate in Advanced English and IELTS and DELE certificates. In his free time, Martin studied IT technologies and regularly participated in professional conferences, such as Cisco Expo and Google Developer Day. In 2009 Martin was admitted to London Metropolitan University, Department of Leadership and Management, where he started to study thanks to a stipend from THE KELLNER FAMILY FOUNDATION. He sees his future in management or as a trainer of other managers.
Petr Bulka entered our school as a fifth-form student in Open Gate’s first year (2005). He is from Klatovy, where he attended Gymnázium J. Vrchlického. During his studies Petr earned the internationally recognized Certificate in Advanced English and IELTS certificate, as well as the Goethe-Zertifikat of German.
He was also the first Open Gate student to successfully pass the complete British GCE A-level leaving examinations in geography, history and sociology. In 2009 Petr was admitted to the University of Birmingham in Great Britain, where he decided to take major in international relations and economics. This has been made possible by financial aid from THE KELLNER FAMILY FOUNDATION, which has kindly committed to paying the high costs associated with Petr’s studies. In future, Petr would like to work for European Union bodies or in the Czech diplomatic corps.